My Journey, for want of a better title...


I have cancer.

I don't say this to shock or elicit sympathy. It is a fact. Like any other fact. Indisputable. Something with which must be dealt (Yes, that's on purpose... bite me).

I understand the feelings and emotions that word brings out. If it bugs you, imagine how annoyed I must be.

A few of you already know this. A very limited few who, perhaps out of necessity, learned about this earlier. And a couple who were told by people with big fucking mouths. They shall remain nameless but you know who you are. Feel shame.

I don't want anyone to be worried. They tell me this is eminently curable with a high success rate. Of course, that didn't stop them rambling on about the worst case scenarios, did it? Assholes.

I am about to begin chemotherapy and radiation therapy. I will endeavour to share my thoughts and experiences the best way I know how... by writing about it and sharing it with anyone who cares to read it.

If you feel the need to pray for me, fill your boots. But please keep it to yourself. That is for you, not me. I have no time for your assorted deities.

I have started with a little history. How we (me) got here, as it were. Suffice it to say, it's been a shitty few months.

Regardless, I find myself being forced to experience a number of things I had hoped to never experience and I must say, I hope none of you do.

I hope I can provide a little entertainment and maybe a touch of education along the way. Read on and enjoy.

All good things,

S

Comments

Popular Posts